When using Horreum Project Budget Manager (Horreum PBM), you need no extra tools. It uses Jira’s time tracking. It reads worklogs of your users from Jira. It is important to point out that your data is safely stored in Jira and it won’t be altered by using Horreum PBM.
As Horreum PBM is using Jira’s time tracking it may not work if you use a different time tracking tool.
To use reporting feature in Horreum PBM you should allow pop-ups in your browser (click on the report icon for the first time will make allowing pop-ups icon appear next to to the bookmarks icon; you have to do this only once)
- If you're using Tempo Timesheets to log time on projects, Horreum PBM will not be able to read user's timelogs, and will not work.
- Horreum PBM is enabled to support Jira in German and Spanish language, and if you choose to view Jira in these two languages, Horreum PBM will be translated also. For more information on multi-language support click here.
- To use Horreum PBM with Jira next-gen projects, please enable time tracking for every Jira issue type in order for the plugin to work.
Step 1 - Installation
Visit Horreum Project Budget Manager in the marketplace at:
Image: Horreum Project Budget Manager
Then click on the Get it now button to install Horreum PBM and start using your free app. You can also find Horreum PBM via the Jira Settings page and Atlassian Marketplace for Jira. Just click on Find new apps and search the Marketplace for Horreum Project Budget Manager.
Image: Find new apps
Image: Horreum Project budget Manager in Atlassian Marketplace for Jira
Make sure you installed Horreum Project Budget Manager by checking the Manage Add-ons page at
Image: The user-installed apps
Step 2 - Configuration
When installed, in the “Jira settings” page, by clicking on “Apps”(https://YOUR_INSTANCE.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/upm),
you should be able to see a new item “HORREUM Project Budget Manager”.
In your project’s settings page HORREUM PBM - Settings will appear with the following sections available when clicked on:
Budget Project Settings
- Enable Horreum PBM for the specific project
- Set the budget and currency for your project and a few other useful options
Budget Project User Cost
- Set/edit/delete the hourly rate of each user
- Choose which of your project administrators will receive the mail with the project budget report and when
- Choose who of your project administrators will have the permission to access the Horreum PBM add-on
Expense Categories Manager
- Add/edit/delete the expense category
The expense category will be displayed as a new item in the table on the Expenses page and Report page.
Step 3 - Enable your projects
In order for a project to appear in the Project Budget Manager report, you need to enable it.
Open your project and click the Project settings item at the bottom of Jira’s side menu.
Image: Project settings item
Scroll down and find the HORREUM PBM - Settings item.
Image: HORREUM PBM - settings item
It is necessary to enable your budget tracking by clicking on the Track Budget slider.
Image: Budget Project Settings Initially
When budget tracking is enabled the previously gray slider turns green and looks like this .
After enabling budget tracking, there are 5 sections:
- Budget Project Settings
- Budget Project User Costs
- Reporting Schedule
- Permission Manager
- Expense Categories Manager
Budget Project Manager Settings
Image: Budget Project Settings
Project Name represents the project name, it is displayed automatically and cannot be changed.
The Project Currency can be selected from the list of available currencies.
It is possible to set Default Hourly Rate, which will be used if Auto Budgets is enabled for users who don’t have an hourly rate specified. If Auto Budgets is disabled, the default hourly rate won’t be used and worklog for users without a specified hourly rate will be multiplied by 0. Auto Budgets can’t be enabled or disabled until you set the default hourly rate.
The Cost represents the project budget, and this field is optional. When you generate the report you will be able to see if you are on/off budget or on track. As defining budget is optional, the report will be generated only if a fixed budget is defined, otherwise, you will not be able to access the page where it is possible to generate reports.
The possibility of inline editing of the Expenses page can be enabled/disabled by clicking on the slider next to Inline edit.
All of these parameters can be changed except the project name.
If you try to change the currency, you will get the following dialog to confirm that you are sure about your decision, since if you proceed with currency change the currency will be changed but the cost values will remain in the previous currency.
Image: Warning dialog for currency change
Note: People must be added as project people for their name to appear in the user tables in the following sections Budget Project User Costs, Reporting Schedule, and Permission Manager. Also, their email must be visible to everyone.
To make your email visible to everyone, follow these steps:
1. Click on the icon with your avatar in the upper right corner and go to the Profile page
Image: Profile item
2. Click on the Manage your account button
Image: Manage your account button
3. Change settings for an email address to Anyone
Image: The email visibility settings
Budget Project User Costs
After selecting the Budget Project User Costs section, a table with project users and their hourly rates is displayed. Horreum PBM allows adding multiple rates for a single user because the user’s rate may change over time. This way you will have a chronological overview of your project user’s rates for a better understanding and precise tracking of the project’s costs. Also, it is possible to edit and delete the hourly rate for the specific user.
Image: Budget Project User Costs
- To add a new hourly rate for a specific user, click on Add button ( ) for that user. This makes a new input field for an hourly rate, Add button and Discard button () appear.
Image: Adding New Hourly Rate
Enter the hourly rate value in the field and click on Add button, to finish with adding a new hourly rate. By clicking on Discard button ( ) new hourly rate won’t be added, also input field for a new hourly rate, Add button and Discard button will disappear, and Add button will appear again.